Need Help From An Attorney

If you have decided not to represent yourself, and you are income eligible, the Volunteer Lawyers or Legal Aid may be able to help. They can assist you with questions on your existing case or give you information on what to expect from the Court.

Contact the Volunteer Lawyers Project / Legal Aid hotline at 1-888-534-1432.  You may need to leave your name and number but a representative will get back with you to see if you need assistance from the Volunteer Lawyers Project or Legal Aid.  If you qualify, they may help you complete your forms.

If you do not hire an attorney and you fill out the forms on your own, remember that once you complete your forms, a Compliance Officer from our Court will be assigned to review them.  They will let you know if there are needed corrections.  After you have filed your case, you may still want to speak to an attorney about how to present your information in the Court hearing. 

If you want to meet with an attorney to ask questions, please contact the Domestic Relations Court Navigator at 937-496-7766 or email  

If you want, you can hire any attorney of your choosing, at any point.  If you need help finding an attorney in Family Law, you can contact the Dayton Bar Association Lawyer Referral Service  by calling 937-222-7902.  The Ohio Bar Association Referral Service can also be used – just click here https: //

Services for Self-Represented Parties