What To Expect When Coming to Court
Coming to Court is a serious matter. Staff are here to assist you and maintain a safe and professional environment.
After you arrive at Court, you will sign in at the electronic Kiosk, located to the right of the elevator. You may also need to check in with the Customer Service Specialist. You should report to the hearing room when you hear your case announced over the intercom.
- Please remove any hat and coat before entering the Courtroom. (A coat rack is located by the Compliance Office).
- No food, gum or drinks are allowed in the Courtroom.
- Hearings involve ADULT DISCUSSIONS that children do not need to hear. We ask that children be left with a babysitter. If you do not have a baby sitter, please bring another adult with you that can stay with them in the lobby while you are in the hearing.
- In the Courtroom, sit at one of the tables with your attorney, if you have one.
- Stand when the Judge enters the Courtroom and when you are being sworn in.
- Your information is very important. The Judicial Officer must be able to hear you. Please do not interrupt or talk over others in the courtroom. You will have a chance to speak and will receive the same courtesy. Answer questions honestly and directly.
- Speak up and speak clearly – all hearings are recorded by the Court Reporter or audio system.
NO WEAPONS ARE ALLOWED IN THE COURT, EXCEPT BY THE DEPUTIES ASSIGNED TO THE FLOOR.
PERSONS WHO ARE UNDER THE INFLUENCE OF DRUGS, ALCOHOL OR BECOME HOSTILE MAY BE REMOVED FROM THE COURT BY A DEPUTY.